In the wake of the climate emergency and the consequences our planet faces if we do not take immediate action, eliminating waste is crucial.
By reducing our consumption and diverting trash from landfills, humans can ultimately lower their impact on the planet. By following the waste hierarchy (reduce, reuse, recycle, refuse) consumers can implement simple changes and make choices everyday to make their carbon footprint as small as possible.
With this workshop, we will bring together the zero waste community and provide as many tools as possible to make zero waste an approachable way of life.
Build skills in:
- Actionable ways to reduce your impact
- Stats and facts around waste
- Simple swaps you can make to transition to a more “eco-friendly” way of life. Includes health and beauty, on-the-go, and kitchen, with specific brands we have tried or researched heavily
- Deep dive into recycling and how to recycle even “non-recyclable” items
- Food waste
- Textile waste and donating goods
- Zero waste at work
This workshop is for you if:
- You want to learn about ways to be more sustainable in your daily life
- You want to learn about where to shop to be successful at zero waste or get started
- Looking to meet like-minded environmentally conscious people
- Interested in zero waste or living a “minimalist” lifestyle
- Already practice zero waste but want to up your game
*Members access all Be Social Change events for free! Enjoy all online events for free when you become a member.
Prior to freelancing, Nicole worked at various advertising with clients such as The Gap, Weight Watchers, Kenneth Cole, and Alaska Airlines. Ultimately, she decided to leave her advertising career behind to pursue her passion for fighting climate change. She devoted herself to becoming as close to zero waste as possible in 2017 and hasn’t looked back since.
You can follow her zero waste tips on Instagram at @zerowastechick, learn more about her workshop series at zerowastenyc.info, or get in touch with her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 22nd, 2020
Sign on to the zoom link
$49 a year
- Free access to all online events
- 50% off all events
- Free member-only events
- 25% off all advanced workshops
- 25% off online courses