Land a fulfilling job you’re passionate about, that pays well, and makes a positive impact in the world!
- Are you feeling stuck in your current job?
- Do you feel unsure what direction to take your career?
- Would you like to be doing more meaningful work that makes a greater impact in the world?
- Are you tired of sending out resume after resume and not hearing back from anyone (and having no clue why)?
- Do you want to know how to access the hidden job market and get interviews with companies you’d love to work for?
Hi, I’m Marcos Salazar, Co-Founder + CEO of Be Social Change, and in this immersive day-long training, I take all my best strategies and advice from years of educating, coaching, and advising thousands of social impact professionals to show you exactly how to find a fulfilling job at a socially-conscious company, innovative nonprofit, or within government.
Through inspiring content, creative individual exercises, and interactive group activities the Social Impact Job Search Bootcamp will take you through a step-by-step process to help you:
- Clarify your passions, purpose, and career direction
- Understand how to effectively communicate your talents, skills, and strengths by building a strong personal brand
- Learn how to activate your network to tap into the hidden job market
- Know all the elements of writing a stellar resume, cover letter, and Linkedin profile
- Strategically navigate the job application process and interviews
Lunch and refreshments are included with your ticket! Gluten-free and vegan options available.
We are striving to make all Be Social Change events zero waste. Please help us by bringing your reusable water bottle to this event.
*Get 25% off this workshop by becoming a Be Social Change Member!
Who this training is for:
The Job Search Boot Camp is perfect if:
- You’re looking for a new job or career change
- You want greater clarity on your purpose and career direction
- You’re unsure how to structure your job search
- You’re tired of applying for jobs and not hearing back
- You want to be able to clearly communicate your skills, talents, and personal brand in a clear and effective way
- You’re tired of networking on accident and want to meet the right people to create new career opportunities
- You want to understand how to tap the hidden job market (where 80% of the jobs are
Outcomes of this Bootcamp:
Through guided introspection and working with fellow attendees you will gain:
- Greater clarity and confidence about your passions, purpose, and what matters most to you in finding and doing meaningful work
- How to build a strong professional brand and tell your key career stories
- An understanding of how to tap into the hidden job market through networking
- How to apply to jobs strategically to maximize your time and energy
- Strategies on how to write a great resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn Profile
- Connections to like-minded people you can rely on whenever you need job advice, peer-mentorship, or access to people and career resource
- A follow-up career resource kit packed with resume and cover letter templates, referral templates, and more!
- Tools to support you in growing your career within an ever-changing working world
Not in New York City? Check out the Social Impact Career Change online course.
CEO and Co-Founder, Be Social Change
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a serial social entrepreneur, career coach, speaker, and community-builder. For as long as Marcos has been working in the social impact space, he has also been building businesses.
Marcos has worked in research and leadership development at the American Psychological Association, Girl Scouts, and the White House Project (promoting women to run for office). He is also the founder of two t-shirt companies, a number of social impact blogs, and the author of two books.
Through Be Social Change, Marcos taps into his entrepreneur’s creativity and social good inspiration to help people find and do meaningful work and lead more sustainable lifestyles.
Marcos earned a degree from Amherst College and a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.marcossalazar.com.
February 15th, 2020
9:00 – 10:15
Getting Clarity on Your Career Purpose
10:15 – 10:25
10:25 – 12:30
Creating a Strong Personal Brand + Developing Your Key Career Stories
12:30 – 1:30
Lunch + Generosity Circle
1:30 – 2:30
Creating Compelling Resumes, Cover Letters, and a LinkedIn Profile
2:30 – 3:10
3:10 – 3:20
3:20 – 4:15
Activating Your Network to Tap Into the Hidden Job
4:15 – 5:00
Acing Your Interviews
5:00 – 5:15
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
Photography, Video, & Recording Policy: Photography, video, and audio recording may occur during Be Social Change events. If you have an issue with being recorded, please let us know.
Where It’s At
Centre for Social Innovation
601 West 26th Street, Suite 325, New York, NY 10001
$49 a year
- 50% off all events
- Free member-only events
- 25% off all advanced workshops
- 25% off online courses
- 55+ discounts to sustainable brands