**This workshop is part of our FREE Purposeful Career Workshop Series. Be sure to register for our other free career-building workshops as they complement and build upon this one:
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career & Impact Through Authentic Relationship-Building – March 5, 2018
- Intro to Social Entrepreneurship – Understanding the Emerging Landscape of Nonprofits, Social Enterprises, and B Corps – March 12, 2018
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, and Impact for Career Success – March 26, 2018
Within each of us there is a desire to find a purpose – to work on things we love, connect with people who inspire us, explore and grow our talents, and build careers or businesses that also make a difference in the world.
Getting clarity on your purpose is the foundation for creating this type of career + life.
In this interactive workshop, Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change + Career Coach, will teach you the core elements of living a purposeful life. Through interactive exercise and group activities, you will learn how to identify and connect with your passions and values, better define your purpose, and begin building the foundation for creating a career and life filled with greater meaning, happiness, and impact.
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
*Doors open at 6:45 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp – Please arrive a few minutes early to get settled and network with fellow attendees.*
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Why exploring and clarifying your purpose is the foundation for creating a meaningful career and life
- What are the core elements of finding a purpose and career direction
- How to define purpose for yourself and ways to integrate it into your work and life
- How to identify obstacles that are getting in your way of living with purpose
- A process for increasing self-awareness about your passions, talents, skills, and what you want out of life
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring a notebook and pen to use during the workshop exercises and activities
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR
- Professionals looking to find a purpose and raise awareness about what is important to them in their work, relationship, and daily life
- People wanting to make a career shift and looking for greater clarity on the direction they want to head in
- Students and recent grads looking for guidance in building a purpose-driven career, business, and life
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a social entrepreneur, career + life coach, consultant, speaker, and community builder. His passion is working with professionals, entrepreneurs, and creatives to help them pursue work they are passionate about, build authentic personal brands, become financially successful, and create lives that make the world a better place. He does this through 1-on-1 coaching, nonprofit and businesses consulting, and on a larger scale as Co-founder + Executive Director of Be Social Change where he’s built the largest social impact community and professional development hub in New York City. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. Marcos is a board member of the Young Professionals Nonprofit Network and an American Express Leadership Academy Fellow. You can learn more about him at www.MarcosSalazar.com.
The Centre for Social Innovation (@csiSL) is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world. Learn more at http://nyc.socialinnovation.org/
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.