**This workshop is part of our FREE Purposeful Career Workshop Series. Be sure to register for our other free career-building workshops as they complement and build upon this one:
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career & Impact Through Authentic Relationship-Building – January 22, 2018
- Your Life on Purpose – Building the Foundation for a Meaningful Career & Life – February 5, 2018
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, and Impact for Career Success – February 12, 2018
Social entrepreneurship is an exciting and rapidly evolving field that leverages entrepreneurial principles towards solving social and environmental problems. It is a new lens through which we can view the world of businesses and nonprofits making a positive impact in the world.
In Intro to Social Entrepreneurship, Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change + Career Coach, will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the social entrepreneurship space and share insights on the fundamentals for creating a successful social venture (for profit and nonprofit).
This workshop will define and clarify what social entrepreneurship means, how it is practiced, review different legal entities and business models (Nonprofit, B Corp, social enterprises), as well as discuss ways you can participate within this movement.
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
*Doors open at 6:45 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp – Please arrive a few minutes early to get settled and network with fellow attendees.*
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Why social entrepreneurship is an integral element to the future of business
- An overall understanding of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem
- The difference between entrepreneurship vs. social entrepreneurship
- New types of organizations and business models including Nonprofits, B Corps, and hybrid models
- Opportunities and challenges for the future of social entrepreneurship
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the latest in social entrepreneurship and how it is being used to create social change around the world
- You have an idea for a project, organization or business and want to learn how other change makers have brought their ideas to life
- You want to become part of a community using entrepreneurship as a vehicle for creating bold, innovative social impact
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a social entrepreneur, career + life coach, consultant, speaker, and community builder. His passion is working with professionals, entrepreneurs, and creatives to help them pursue work they are passionate about, build authentic personal brands, become financially successful, and create lives that make the world a better place. He does this through 1-on-1 coaching, nonprofit and businesses consulting, and on a larger scale as Co-founder + Executive Director of Be Social Change where he’s built the largest social impact community and professional development hub in New York City. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. Marcos is a board member of the Young Professionals Nonprofit Network and an American Express Leadership Academy Fellow. You can learn more about him at www.MarcosSalazar.com.
The Centre for Social Innovation (@csiSL) is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world. Learn more at http://nyc.socialinnovation.org/
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.