This workshop is part of our FREE Be Social Change Career Series helping you build foundational skills to find + do meaningful work. Register for our other online or in-person (NYC) workshops at www.besocialchange.com.
- Your Life on Purpose – Building the Foundation for a Meaningful Career & Life
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career or Business By Building Authentic, Mutually-Beneficial Relationships
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, & Impact for Career Success
- Intro to Social Entrepreneurship – Understanding the Emerging Landscape of Nonprofits, B Corps, & Social Enterprises to Launch Your Social Venture
Social entrepreneurship is an exciting and rapidly evolving field that leverages entrepreneurial principles towards solving social and environmental problems. It is a new lens through which we can view the world of businesses and nonprofits making a positive impact in the world.
In this workshop, Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change, will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the social entrepreneurship space as well as share a framework for validating and launching a successful social enterprise, nonprofit, or hybrid organization.
This workshop will define and clarify what social entrepreneurship is, show you the key building blocks for building a successful startup, review different legal entities and business models (Nonprofit, B Corp, social enterprises), as well as discuss key strategies for building a social venture that maximizes impact.
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
Doors open at 6:45 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp. Plan to arrive before 7:00 before the workshop begins.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- An overall understanding of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem
- A lean startup methodology for validating your idea and taking it to market
- New types of organizations and business models including Nonprofits, B Corps, and hybrid models
- Opportunities and challenges for the future of social entrepreneurship
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the latest in social entrepreneurship and how it is being used to create social change around the world
- You have an idea for a project, organization or business and want to learn how other change makers have brought their ideas to life
- You want to become part of a community using entrepreneurship as a vehicle for creating bold, innovative social impact
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a social entrepreneur, career coach, speaker, and community-builder. As CEO of Be Social Change and 1-on-1 coaching, he helps people find + do meaningful work and lead more sustainable lifestyles. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.marcossalazar.com.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world.
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.