**This workshop is part of our FREE Purposeful Career Workshop Series. Be sure to register for our other free career-building workshops as they complement and build upon this one:
- Life Vision & Goal-Setting: Designing a Life Filled with Intention, Clarity, and Happiness – July 9, 2018
- Your Life on Purpose – Building the Foundation for a Meaningful Career & Life – July 16, 2018
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, and Impact for Career Success – July 23, 2018
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career & Impact Through Authentic Relationship-Building – July 30, 2018**
Social entrepreneurship is an exciting and rapidly evolving field that leverages entrepreneurial principles towards solving social and environmental problems. It is a new lens through which we can view the world of businesses and nonprofits making a positive impact in the world.
In Intro to Social Entrepreneurship, Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change + Career Coach, will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the social entrepreneurship space and share insights on the fundamentals for creating a successful social venture (for profit and nonprofit).
This workshop will define and clarify what social entrepreneurship means, how it is practiced, review different legal entities and business models (Nonprofit, B Corp, social enterprises), as well as discuss ways you can participate within this movement.
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
*Doors open at 6:30 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp – Please arrive by 6:45 to get settled and network with fellow attendees.*
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Why social entrepreneurship is an integral element to the future of business
- An overall understanding of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem
- The difference between entrepreneurship vs. social entrepreneurship
- New types of organizations and business models including Nonprofits, B Corps, and hybrid models
- Opportunities and challenges for the future of social entrepreneurship
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR
- Anyone who wants to learn more about the latest in social entrepreneurship and how it is being used to create social change around the world
- You have an idea for a project, organization or business and want to learn how other change makers have brought their ideas to life
- You want to become part of a community using entrepreneurship as a vehicle for creating bold, innovative social impact
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a social entrepreneur, career + life coach, consultant, speaker, and community-builder. His passion is working with professionals, entrepreneurs, and creatives to help them find and do purposeful work, connect with like-minded people, and lead sustainable lifestyles. He does this through 1-on-1 coaching, nonprofit and businesses consulting, and on a larger scale as CEO of Be Social Change where he’s built the largest social impact community in New York City. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.MarcosSalazar.com.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world. Learn more at http://nyc.socialinnovation.org/.
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.