Social entrepreneurship is a new lens we can view the world of businesses and nonprofits through that leverages entrepreneurial principles towards solving social and environmental problems.
In this workshop, Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change, will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem as well as share a startup framework for validating and launching a successful social enterprise, nonprofit, or hybrid organization.
This workshop will define and clarify what social entrepreneurship is, show you the key building blocks for building a successful startup, review different legal entities and business models (Nonprofit, B Corp, social enterprises), as well as discuss key strategies for building a social venture that maximizes impact.
Build skills in:
Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofits, B Corps, Social Enterprises, Social Impact, Solving Environmental and Social Problems, Lean Startup, Rapid Prototyping, Maximizing Impact
Outcomes of this interactive workshop:
- Gain a comprehensive overview of the social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Understand the lean startup methodology for validating your ideas and taking them to market.
- Discuss key strategies for building a social venture that maximizes impact.
- Learn about new types of organizations and business models, including Nonprofits, B Corps, and hybrid models.
- Discover opportunities and challenges for the future of social entrepreneurship.
This workshop is for you if you’re:
- Wanting to learn the latest information about social entrepreneurship and creating change.
- Interested in pursuing a project or starting an organization and want to learn how other changemakers have brought their ideas to life.
- Wanting to join the entrepreneurship community.
- Envisioning ways of maximizing your impact by getting involved in the social impact space.
What to bring:
- A notebook and pen
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a serial social entrepreneur, career coach, speaker, and community-builder. For as long as Marcos has been working in the social impact space, he has also been building businesses.
Marcos has worked in research and leadership development at the American Psychological Association, Girl Scouts, and the White House Project (promoting women to run for office). He is also the founder of two t-shirt companies, a number of social impact blogs, and the author of two books.
Through Be Social Change, Marcos taps into his entrepreneur’s creativity and social good inspiration to help people find and do meaningful work and lead more sustainable lifestyles.
Marcos earned a degree from Amherst College and a masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.marcossalazar.com.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world.
This workshop is part of our FREE Be Social Change Career Series helping you build foundational skills to make your greatest impact.
Register for our other online or in-person (NYC) workshops at www.besocialchange.com
- Your Life on Purpose – Building the Foundation for a Meaningful Career & Life
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career, Business, or Impact by Building Authentic, Mutually-Beneficial Relationships
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, & Impact to Grow Your Career or Business
- Intro to Social Entrepreneurship – Understanding the Landscape of Nonprofits, Social Enterprises, & B Corps to Launch Your Own Social Venture
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
Photography, Video & Recording Policy: Photography, video and audio recording may occur during Be Social Change events. If you have an issue with being recorded, please let us know.