This workshop is part of our FREE Be Social Change Career Series helping you build foundational skills to find + do meaningful work. Register for our other online or in-person (NYC) workshops at www.besocialchange.com.
- Your Life on Purpose – Building the Foundation for a Meaningful Career & Life
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career or Business By Building Authentic, Mutually-Beneficial Relationships
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, & Impact for Career Success
- Intro to Social Entrepreneurship – Understanding the Emerging Landscape of Nonprofits, B Corps, & Social Enterprises to Launch Your Social Venture
Hi, I’m Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change and if there is one single piece of career advice I give to all our career workshop attendees as well as my coaching clients is networking is the #1 skill you need to develop to grow (and future proof) your career or business.
Building a strong, diverse, and supportive network is the most important thing you can invest in for your personal and professional development
In fact, a recent study by LinkedIn showed that:
- 80 percent of professionals consider networking to be important to their career success.
- 70 percent of people in 2016 were hired at a company where they had a connection.
- 61 percent of professionals agree that regular online interaction with their professional network can lead to the way into possible job opportunities.
However, most people don’t like to “network” because the common form – going to events, swapping business cards, and gathering meaningless LinkedIn connections – simply doesn’t work. What you need is a networking strategy that focuses on building meaningful connections that in both the short and long-term leads to new opportunities for growing your career or business.
In Networking with Purpose, I’ll share with you key strategies and techniques on how to build inspiring and purposeful relationships as well as ways to leverage your network to advance your career or business in authentic and mutually beneficial ways.
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
Doors open at 6:45 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp. Plan to arrive before 7:00 before workshop begins.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- How to grow your network in an intentional, strategic, and authentic way
- How to find and connect with the right people
- Tips for networking at events and conferences and maintaining those relationships over the long-term
- Strategies for leveraging LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to build your network
- Networking mistakes to avoid at all costs
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring a notebook and pen to use during the workshop exercises and activities
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF
- You’re looking to create new career and business opportunities
- Seeking a new job or looking to make a career change
- You’re an entrepreneur wanting to increase your own visibility to grow your business
- You’re a creative and service provider (consultants, coaches, agents, and speakers) wanting to attract new clients and business opportunities
- You’re a student or recent grad looking to build a foundation for your future career path
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a social entrepreneur, career coach, speaker, and community-builder. As CEO of Be Social Change and 1-on-1 coaching, he helps people find + do meaningful work and lead more sustainable lifestyles. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.marcossalazar.com.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world.
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.