This workshop builds upon Intro to Facilitation – Fundamentals in Becoming a Confident Leader. Prior attendance is recommended, but not required if you are familiar with facilitation and co-creation.
Are you looking to strengthen your ability to guide collaborative group sessions and establish yourself as a leader along the way? No matter if you are leading a brainstorming session, an organization wide retreat or community meeting; increase your productivity, team collaboration, and efficiency as a leader by building your confidence and skills as an inspiring and effective facilitator.
Leading Through Facilitation builds upon our Intro to Facilitation workshop and focuses on how to lead a successful facilitated session, highlighting strategies and techniques for successfully managing group dynamics. In a participatory activity, TYTHE models troubleshooting approaches and specific tools to ease difficult situations. Gain an understanding of your own facilitation style and how to increase your confidence in this unique role. With specific examples, tailored techniques and a participatory activity, this workshop will bridge the gap between theory and practice.
**SPACE IS LIMITED**
*Doors open at 6:30 PM, workshop starts at 7:00 PM sharp – If you’re late, you may not be able to join a group when we start. Refunds will not be provided to those who are late and cannot participate.*
This workshop is highly interactive so in addition to learning new skills and strategies, you will also have an opportunity to network with inspiring, like-minded people!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Strategies and techniques for being a strong facilitator and leader
- Strategies to manage the timeline and output of activities
- Activities that demonstrate collaboration and participatory design
- Techniques to reframe difficult questions and support a productive dialogue
- Techniques to anticipate and manage group dynamics, and tackle common facilitation challenges
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR
- Individuals interested in facilitation, new to the role or looking for a refresher on the basics
- Individuals from all professional or educational backgrounds interested in developing their group management and leadership skills
- Managers looking for tools to activate collaboration within their teams
- Professionals working in community engagement or beginning community engagement projects or programs
- Individuals looking to add creative thinking methodology to their work
Kristina Drury (@tythe-design) is a social entrepreneur, designer, and educator. Her mission-driven firm, TYTHEdesign, uses the lens of design and strategy to support social good organizations in developing creative solutions, build their capacity and enhance their impact. Under her leadership, TYTHEdesign has increased the community impact of over 150 local and global social good organizations including the NYC Dept. of Education, Citi Community Development, The Earth Institute and California State Library System.
Prior to starting TYTHEdesign, Kristina co-led the nonprofit, Project H Design, a charitable organization focused on design for social change. Her diverse background includes work in corporate social responsibility, education, social innovation, industrial design, and architecture.
Kristina’s work and publications have taken root around the globe. Most recently, she has been recognized as an Innovation Expert for UNDP and selected to present at Clinton Global Initiative University’s annual conference. As an educator, she has taught classes, workshops, and training to build the capacity of over 2,500 change makers, civic leaders and entrepreneurs. Her teaching and speaking experiences included engagement at Columbia University, Harvard and the Cooper Hewitt Museum.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world.
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.