Tired of meetings that go nowhere or worse – devolve rapidly? During this interactive workshop, you’ll identify key tools and strategies to maximize work with the varied stakeholders involved with your current or proposed project, program, or organization.
Understand your role as a facilitator, how to plan and prepare for a facilitated collaborative session and how to develop your own facilitation style.
BUILD SKILLS IN:
Facilitation, Public Speaking, Collaboration, Communication, Productive Meetings, Participatory Design, Leadership Skills
OUTCOMES OF THIS INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP:
- Build the foundation for effective facilitation and the basics to becoming a strong facilitator
- Understand methods for planning a facilitation session, including how to anticipate and plan for the needs of the attendees
- Learn activities for brainstorming in meetings in a participatory design process
- Enhance your leadership skills by infusing your work with more collaboration through facilitation
- Identify key tools and strategies to maximize work with the varied stakeholders involved with your current or proposed project, program or organization
THIS WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU IF YOU’RE:
- From any professional or educational background
- Interested in facilitation, new to the role or looking for a refresher on the basics
- Interested in developing your group management and leadership skills
- A manager looking for tools to activate collaboration within their teams
- A professional working in community engagement or beginning community engagement projects or programs
- Looking to add creative thinking methodology to your work
WHAT TO BRING
- A notebook and pen
Kristina Drury is a social entrepreneur, designer, and educator. Her mission-driven firm, TYTHEdesign, uses the lens of design and strategy to support social good organizations in developing creative solutions, build their capacity and enhance their impact. Under her leadership, TYTHEdesign has increased the community impact of over 150 local and global social good organizations including the NYC Dept. of Education, Citi Community Development, The Earth Institute and California State Library System.
Prior to starting TYTHEdesign, Kristina co-led the nonprofit, Project H Design, a charitable organization focused on design for social change. Her diverse background includes work in corporate social responsibility, education, social innovation, industrial design, and architecture.
Kristina’s work and publications have taken root around the globe. Most recently, she has been recognized as an Innovation Expert for UNDP and selected to present at Clinton Global Initiative University’s annual conference. As an educator, she has taught classes, workshops, and training to build the capacity of over 2,500 change makers, civic leaders and entrepreneurs. Her teaching and speaking experiences included engagement at Columbia University, Harvard and the Cooper Hewitt Museum.You can learn about her current work here and more about her background here.
The Centre for Social Innovation is a home for nonprofits and social entrepreneurs in New York City. They’re building a movement of passionate people committed to a better world.
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
Photography, Video & Recording Policy: Photography, video and audio recording may occur during Be Social Change events. If you have an issue with being recorded, please let us know.