Hi, I’m Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change, and I want to ask you a few questions:
- Do you feel stuck in your current job?
- Are you looking for a new career with greater meaning, happiness, and impact?
- Are you not sure what direction you want to go down next?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the job search?
- Are you tired of sending out resume after resume and not hearing back from anyone (and have no clue why)?
- Do you want to know how to access the hidden job market and get interviews with companies you’d love to work for?
If you answered yes to one (or possibly all) of these questions, then you’ve come to the right place!
Welcome to The Career Transition Boot Camp, an immersive day-long training that will show you step-by-step how to navigate your career change by helping you explore and prototype your passions, get clarity on your purpose and career direction, effectively communicate your talents and skills, build your network, and tap into the hidden job market so you can create a life-long career filled with meaning, happiness, and impact.
Get Clarity On Your Next Steps + Gain the Tools to Navigate Your Transition with Confidence
In growing Be Social Change to be the largest social good professional community in NYC as well as working 1-on-1 with people in my career coaching business, I’ve had the privilege of educating, coaching, and advising thousands of professionals from every background and industry on how to connect with their purpose, find career direction, grow their talents, and find work they love.
For The Career Transition Boot Camp, I’ve taken all these years of advising people in finding and doing meaningful work and combined this with the latest career and job searching strategies to provide you with a career change process that will help you get clarity on your next steps to not only save you time, energy, and money but also show you how to build the mindsets, skills, and connections you need to create successful, happy, and impactful career. And you will do it with an inspiring group of like-minded people who will provide strategic advice, support, and mentorship!
Plus we will have a fun, interactive working lunch with amazing food from Dig Inn!
Healthy + Sustainable Snacks Provided – Gluten-Free and Vegan Options Available.
We strive to make Be Social Change events zero waste – help us by bringing your Dopper or reusable water bottle to the event.
WHO THIS COURSE IS FOR
The Career Transition Boot Camp is perfect if:
- You’re looking for a new job or career change
- You want greater clarity about your purpose and are ready to explore, experiment, and prototype your passions and interests
- You’re unsure where to start or how to structure your job search
- You’re tired of applying for tons of jobs and not hearing back
- You want to be able to clearly communicate your skills, talents, and personal brand in a clear and effective way
- You’re tired of networking on accident and want to network with purpose to meet the right people and create new career opportunities
- You want to understand how to tap the hidden job market (where 80% of the jobs are)
- You are ready to dive deep into what you truly want and engage with fellow attendees to help you unearth the answers you’ve been seeking
WHAT YOU WILL WALK AWAY WITH:
Through learning the unique Be Social Change career framework, answering deep questions, engage with fellow attendees in coaching exercise and interactive group activities, you will gain:
- Greater clarity and confidence on your passions, purpose, and what matters most to you in finding and doing meaningful work
- An understanding of how to tap into the hidden job market through strategic networking
- Strategies on how to write a great resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn Profile
- A set of self-discovery tools that will help you develop a deep understanding on how to grow your career within an ever-changing working world
- Connections to like-minded people you can rely on whenever you need job advice, peer-mentorship, or access to people and career resource
- A follow up career resource kit packed with resume and cover letter templates, referral templates, and more!
I believe that within each of us there is the potential to build a meaningful career that also makes a positive impact in the world. Join us on Saturday, April 28th from 9am – 5:15pm for The Career Transition Boot Camp to unlock this potential by learning the tools, strategies, and techniques you need to explore your passions, realize your purpose, and design a career roadmap that will create the conditions for finding and doing work you truly love.
9:00 – 11:00am – Unlocking Your Passions, Purpose, and Career Direction
11:00 – 11:10am – Break
11:10 – 12:30pm – Getting Clarity on What Success Looks Like + Goal Setting
12:30 – 1:30pm – Working Lunch + Peer-Mentorship Feedback
1:30 – 3:20pm – Tapping Into the Hidden Job Market w/ Strategic Networking
3:20 – 3:30pm – Break
3:30 – 4:30pm – Resumes, Cover Letters, and LinkedIn Strategies
4:30 – 5:00pm – Building Your Career Roadmap
5:00- 5:15pm – Wrap Up
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a social entrepreneur, career + life coach, consultant, speaker, and community builder. His passion is working with professionals, entrepreneurs, and creatives to help them pursue work they are passionate about, build authentic personal brands, become financially successful, and create lives that make the world a better place. He does this through 1-on-1 coaching, nonprofit and businesses consulting, and on a larger scale as CEO of Be Social Change where he’s built the largest social impact community and professional development hub in New York City. Marcos earned a B.A. in Psychology from Amherst College as well as a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. Marcos is a board member of the Young Professionals Nonprofit Network and an American Express Leadership Academy Fellow. You can learn more about him at www.MarcosSalazar.com.
A guild for 21st-century craft promoting slow entrepreneurship and intentional service. Unequal parts cafe, living room, workshop, collaboratory, rooftop garden, and upstate retreat space on a biodynamic farm. Learn more at http://primeproduce.org/.
Real food, mostly vegetables, grown by farmers, cooked by chefs, and inspired by the seasons. Learn more at https://www.diginn.com/.
Refund Policy: Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo Policy: If you have an issue with your photo being taken, please let us know.