Building a diverse and supportive network is the most important thing you can invest in for your personal and professional development.
In fact, a recent study by LinkedIn showed that:
- 80 percent of professionals consider networking to be important to their career success.
- 70 percent of people in 2016 were hired at a company where they had a connection.
- 61 percent of professionals agree that regular online interaction with their professional network can lead to the way into possible job opportunities.
However, most people don’t like to “network” because the common form – going to events, swapping business cards, and gathering meaningless LinkedIn connections – simply doesn’t work.
What you need is a networking strategy that focuses on building meaningful connections that leads to new opportunities for growing your career or business. In Networking with Purpose, Marcos Salazar, CEO of Be Social Change will share key strategies and techniques on how to build inspiring and purposeful relationships as well as ways to leverage your network to advance your career or business in authentic and mutually beneficial ways.
Build skills in:
Networking, Relationship Building, Career Growth, Providing Value, Elevator Pitches, LinkedIn and Social Media Networking, Growing Your Network at Conferences and Events
This workshop is for you if you’re:
- Wanting to learn the latest information about social entrepreneurship and creating change.
- Interested in pursuing a project or starting an organization and want to learn how other change-makers have brought their ideas to life.
- Wanting to join the entrepreneurship community.
- Envisioning ways of maximizing your impact by getting involved in the social impact space.
*Become a Be Social Change Member!
CEO and Co-Founder, Be Social Change
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a serial social entrepreneur, career coach, speaker, and community-builder. For as long as Marcos has been working in the social impact space, he has also been building businesses.
Marcos has worked in research and leadership development at the American Psychological Association, Girl Scouts, and the White House Project (promoting women to run for office). He is also the founder of two t-shirt companies, a number of social impact blogs, and the author of two books.
Through Be Social Change, Marcos taps into his entrepreneur’s creativity and social good inspiration to help people find and do meaningful work and lead more sustainable lifestyles.
Marcos earned a degree from Amherst College and a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.marcossalazar.com.
April 20th, 2020
Be Social Change Workshops
This workshop is part of our FREE Be Social Change Career Series helping you build foundational skills to make your greatest impact. Register for our other online or in-person (NYC) workshops at www.besocialchange.com.
- Your Life on Purpose – Building the Foundation for a Meaningful Career & Life
- Networking with Purpose – Grow Your Career, Business, or Impact by Building Authentic, Mutually-Beneficial Relationships
- Personal Branding with Purpose – Communicate Your Passions, Talents, & Impact to Grow Your Career or Business
- Intro to Social Entrepreneurship – Understanding the Landscape of Nonprofits, Social Enterprises, & B Corps to Launch Your Own Social Venture
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photography, Video, & Recording Policy: Photography, video, and audio recording may occur during Be Social Change events. If you have an issue with being recorded, please let us know.
Where It’s At
Centre for Social Innovation
601 West 26th Street, Suite 325, New York, NY 10001
This Workshop is Free,
But You’ll Need to Register
$49 a year
- 50% off all events
- Free member-only events
- 25% off all advanced workshops
- 25% off online courses
- 55+ discounts to sustainable brands