Learn the best practices to tackle hiring & maintaining organizational culture during the COVID-19 crisis, focused on small & growing organizations and social enterprises.
How do you focus on raising money, growing your business, building an organization, and simultaneously think about hiring and sustaining a team…all at the same time and during a crisis? How do you hire effectively while: running your organization virtually, developing a strong culture, minding the budget, and avoiding bias? How do you create a culture that scales as the company grows and thrives remotely? How do you find consensus on foundational needs like mission, purpose, values? These are serious concerns for a company that is fully committed to growth in the best of circumstances, and especially during this time.
Join this free workshop to delve into nearly thirty pages of guided prompts, key takeaways, and clear examples with real-world strategies from thriving organizations, tips and techniques for growth-stage HR, and scalable and repeatable processes for getting started on hiring right away.
Build skills in:
- Defining roles and creating job descriptions
- Building out your organization’s mission and values
- Designing a flexible and comprehensive interview process
- Understanding scorecards, metrics & hiring analytics
- Learning how and where to source candidates & build a talent pipeline
This workshop is for you if you’re:
- A founder, part of the founding team, or an early team member of a growing organization
- Starting your own business and planning on making your first (or fifth!) hire
- Responsible for building a team at an early-stage organization
- Handling hiring, in any capacity, at an organization without a robust hiring process in place
*Become a Be Social Change Member to access all events, workshops, and webinars for free!
What people are saying:
100% “5/5 (YES)” response to our post-workshop poll question “Do you feel more prepared to find and make hires after attending this workshop?” — with 80+ respondents & counting!
Founder & CEO, The Rise Journey
Her work, including organizational development, fundraising, research, and communications, has supported the NAACP Legal Defense Fund, Women’s Global Leadership Initiative, Hearts of Gold, The Children’s Defense Fund-NY, Dreamers // Doers, Harlem School of the Arts, Dance Theatre of Harlem, the National Action Network, and many more.
She holds a BS in Management & Entrepreneurship and MA in International Business from the University of Florida and NEOMA Business School (ESC Rouen) in France, and an Advanced Diploma in Workplace Diversity from NYU.
Co-Founder, Lead People & Culture Advisor, The Rise
With the energy of four people, her goal is to travel far and wide to talk transparently about and create fundamental change in People Operations. She’s a no-BS kind of person focused on hands-on engagement, real-world experiences, and communicating both successes and struggles in personal and professional realms. Key areas of expertise are:
- Organizational development, employee engagement, and people strategy
- Workplace Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and how to use data to show tangible change
- Invisible disabilities, career, and employment
- Women in tech, startups, and entrepreneurship // (Combating) Imposter Syndrome
As Co-Founder of The Rise Journey, she works with growth-stage companies to design and implement strategies to build the best team and develop a sustainable organizational culture. Currently working as the Head of Talent and Organizational Development at Quartet and formerly supporting teams at Hired, TodayTix, Eko, TrepCamp and more, she puts theoretical People Ops ideas into best practices.
April 14th, 2020
Sign on to the online meeting
Refunds can be issued in full up to 48 hours prior to the start of the workshop by contacting Be Social Change at email@example.com.
$49 a year
- Free access to all online events
- 50% off all in-person events
- Free member-only events
- 25% off all advanced workshops
- 25% off online courses