Building a diverse and supportive network is the most important thing you can invest in for your personal and professional development.
In fact, a recent study by LinkedIn showed that:
- 80 percent of professionals consider networking to be important to their career success.
- 70 percent of people in 2016 were hired at a company where they had a connection.
- 61 percent of professionals agree that regular online interaction with their professional network can lead to the way into possible job opportunities.
However, most people don’t like to “network” because the common form – going to events, swapping business cards, and gathering meaningless LinkedIn connections – simply doesn’t work.
What you need is a networking strategy that focuses on building meaningful connections that leads to new opportunities for growing your career or business.
In this webinar, serial social entrepreneur (founder of Be Social Change and For All Drinks) and career coach Marcos Salazar will share key strategies and techniques on how to build inspiring and purposeful relationships as well as ways to leverage your network to advance your career or business in authentic and mutually beneficial ways.
Build skills in:
- Relationship Building
- Career Growth
- Providing Value
- Elevator Pitches
- LinkedIn and Social Media Networking
- Growing Your Network at Conferences and Events
This webinar is for you if you’re:
- Looking for a new job
- Wanting to change careers
- Looking to grow your business
- Searching for collaborators or partners in your work
- Wanting to increase your visibility as an entrepreneur or thought leader
- Seeking ways to attract new clients (for example: creatives, artists, consultants, coaches, agents, and speakers)
- A student or a recent grad building a foundation for your future career path
- Someone who doesn’t enjoy networking as you’ve been taught to do it
*Be Social Change Members access all our events for free! Become a member for $5 / month or $49 / year.
CEO and Co-Founder, Be Social Change
Marcos Salazar (@marcossalazar) is a serial social entrepreneur, career coach, speaker, and community-builder. For as long as Marcos has been working in the social impact space, he has also been building businesses.
Marcos has worked in research and leadership development at the American Psychological Association, Girl Scouts, and the White House Project (promoting women to run for office). He is also the founder of two t-shirt companies, a number of social impact blogs, and the author of two books.
Through Be Social Change, Marcos taps into his entrepreneur’s creativity and social good inspiration to help people find and do meaningful work and lead more sustainable lifestyles.
Marcos earned a degree from Amherst College and a Masters in Organizational Management and an Executive Leadership Coaching certificate from The George Washington University. You can learn more about him at www.marcossalazar.com.
February 16th, 2021
Sign on to the webinar and introduce yourself in the chat
Building Your Professional Network presentation led by expert Marcos Salazar
Q & A
This Webinar is Free,
But You’ll Need to Register
Social Impact Career Webinars
This webinar is part of our FREE Be Social Change Career Series helping you build foundational skills to make your greatest impact. Register for our other online workshops at www.besocialchange.com/calendar.
- Networking Online During Coronavirus – Learn 3 Essential Strategies for Building Your Network (and Personal Community) Virtually
- Navigating a Job Search – 3 Key Strategies For Landing a Fulfilling Job During Times of Uncertainty
- Discovering Your Purpose – 5 Strategies for Creating Greater Meaning and Happiness in Your Career and Life
- Building Your Personal Brand – 3 Elements For Communicating Your Talents and Value
Monthly MembershipPay as you go
- Save on monthly events and offerings
Yearly MembershipOne-time payment
- Save on a yearly membership plan